Nov 18, 2009

DANIEL


Daniel Nielson

Daniel Nielson was born Wednesday, November 11 at 7:59 am. He was 4 lb 15 oz and was 18 inches long! He passed away peacefully Thursday, November 12 at 7:45 pm. Because of some complications and abnormalities he had, we had been told previously that he would probably not live for very long. We felt so BLESSED that he was with us for 36 hours! We enjoyed lots of good snuggle time with him, and Kris was able to give him a name and a blessing.
It was a beautiful and spiritual experience.

We were able to have a viewing and grave side service here in Rexburg with some family members this weekend. We feel so grateful for the knowledge that we can be together forever as a family and that the Lord has a plan for Daniel. We know he is in a better place with a lot of work to do! We have felt very comforted and strengthened by all the prayers in our behalf. Here are some pictures of Daniel:

Mama's Boy

Daniel's First Bath (Dad and Grandma)

Daniel's First Meal





"So Daniel was taken up out of the [lions] den... because he believed in his God."
-Daniel 6:23







14 comments:

Kristen said...

It was wonderful to be with you this weekend. I enjoyed feeling the sweet peace that resided there with you both. Love you so much!

Jana said...

That was a sweet post Lindsay. You guys are so strong and have handled this so well. He was so blessed to come to your family. We are praying for you guys! Wish I were there with you. Love you guys.

Celeste said...

Lindsay, I just started bawling when I read your last quote about Daniel taken out of the lion's den. What a perfect name for your sweet baby. My thoughts and prayers have been with you and Kris this week.

Tyler and Kendyl said...

You and Kris are amazing and such an inspiration to the rest of us. I am so sorry for your loss but I too know that you will be with Daniel again. I love his name, so strong and valiant.

Andrea said...

Hi Lindsay. This is Andrea (Miller) Flinders. I found your blog through Jennie's. My heart goes out to you and Kris during this tough time. Thank you for your examples of faith and optimism. Daniel is lucky to have parents like you!

Jessica said...

Lindsay and Kris,
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Your words brought me to tears. I'm very glad that you got to hold him and cuddle him. You are great people and you deserve the absolute best. I know that God loves you and your little Daniel and he is in good hands. I too lost a baby and it is one of the most difficult things to experience. If you need a friend e-mail me: jessica.j.mansfield@gmail.com any time. Sending you lots of love.

Anonymous said...

Lindsey and Kris we love you

Annie said...

I loved being up in Rexburg that weekend. Love you lots!

Jill Petty said...

What sweet words and photos. We were so blessed to be with you this past weekend in celebrating our sweet Daniel. Lindsay, you and Kris have taught us all so many wonderful lessons through this experience. We marvel at your strength and your understanding of the Lord's plan for each of us. We can not wait for that day when we are all reunited as family and when you and Kris get to raise this precious boy to adulthood.
We love you guys so much,
Mom and Dad Brian

cath said...

I'm thinking of and praying for your family. Love you.

Kyle and Amanda said...

We love you guys and hope for the best.

Liz said...

Lindsay, I have thinking about you a lot and wanting to give you a billion hugs. Thank you for being strong enough to carry Daniel to term. I admire you both and pray for the spirit to continue to comfort you both.

Scott and Jennie said...

Thanks for posting these beautiful pictures of little Daniel. We love you!!! It was wonderful to see you this weekend. Thank you so much for driving all the way down.

Brin said...

I didn't realize you had a blog until now. I really appreciated reading this, Linds, you Kris are amazing. What a blessing to get to cuddle him!