Mar 27, 2009

Half Marathon

So this last weekend I ran my first Half Marathon!  I've always wanted to run one, and I finally did it!  I ran it with  my sister Annie-in Moab, Utah.  The weather was BEAUTIFUL!  The course was long-especially the last 2 miles.  But, we made it-thanks to the ipod, power gel, gatorade along the way, and Annie-who encouraged me to keep running when I was tempted to walk.





















One of the greatest parts of the race was during the last mile (the hardest)-My mom was cheering for us on the sidelines, and then about 1/4 mile later my sisters Kristen and Whitney were cheering us on, and at the finish line Dad and Nathan were there!  They all provided great moral support :)




After the race, we had a picnic and drove around Arches National Park.  Here we are standing under "Delicate Arch".  It was so fun to all be together for the day. 

6 comments:

Jana said...

How fun! Way to go Lindsay! That is awesome you did that! Two of Ty's brothers and their wives were at that race! How fun that your family was able to be there and that you could run it with your sister! Hope your'e doing awesome!

Annie said...

Boo yah- you go girl! Glad we both made it to the end! The weekend was so fun. Love you both!

Kristen said...

It was so inspiring to watch you! Admittedly, after trying to go on a two mile run a couple days after I was grateful I wasn't the one running 13 miles : ) I'm so impressed with all the training you did! It was such a fun weekend with you!

Kyle and Amanda said...

Way to go Lindsay!! That is so awesome especially since it has been one of your goals. We are so excited to see you guys in May. Hope all is well and I heard that the snow is melting in Rexburg -yay!!

The Lintons said...

You're awesome! Way to go. :) I love the pictures of the family too...we wish we could have been there.

marmie said...

It was such fun to be there and cheer you on. I'm in awe that you trained and then completed the race looking like it was a walk in the park. I'm so proud of you!

XOXO,

Mom